A Full-Service Grocery Store In Dayton
Become a member today!
What a membership share will get you:
1. Be a part of a community effort to bring healthy food access to Dayton!
2. Access to member-only sales prices (similar to a Kroger Plus card)
2. Vote for or run for designated community seats on the board of directors of the store.
3. Participate in annual meetings where the general direction of the store is set.
4. Once we are profitable, members will share in a percentage of profit not reinvested in the store, based upon level of patronage (how much you shop at the store).
The Greater Dayton Union Co-op Initiative was founded in 2015 by members of the Dayton community committed to the twin missions of addressing Dayton’s food crisis and incubating cooperative businesses to bring sustainable jobs to Dayton.
Incorporated as a non-profit in Spring of 2016, GDUCI has chosen its first major project to be the development and launch of a community and worker owned grocery store on Salem Avenue on the Northwest side of Dayton.Learn More
Gem City Market
The Gem City Market will be a full-service grocery store and deli located in the Salem Avenue corridor, just across the bridge from downtown Dayton.
Products sold at this store will meet the diverse grocery needs of Dayton residents and families.
This new grocery store will be a place where everyone is welcome. The success of the market will be driven by the ideas and input of all its customers, employees, and members of the community.
We've come a long way: Project Timeline
Since 2015, members of the Dayton, Ohio community have worked to promote food access in our city. Thanks to community advocates in our city, we are now poised to open a full service grocery store in Dayton, Ohio.
Do you want to be part of the movement? Do you want to stay up to date with everything going on? Get involved today!