Add Your Voice Become A
Our mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is worker and community owned.
Co-ops are proven economic drivers and community builders. When you purchase ownership in Gem City Market, you strengthen that commitment to local partners and share in the collective hope of West Dayton’s resurgence.
Gem City Market, on the corner of Salem and Superior Ave., will be a vibrant, community-centered grocery store with well-trained, friendly workers (who are also owners!) who know the value of providing exceptional service. The Market will restore grocery service to Northwest Dayton for the first time in over a decade.
At the Market you can expect:
- affordable, quality kitchen staples
- fresh produce, meats, and dairy
- specialty and organic products
- fresh deli sandwiches, salads, entrees
- a powerful sense of community, because this store was built by us, for us!
Gem City Market will also be more than a grocery store! It will also feature:
- a teaching kitchen for classes and programs on nutrition and other topics, open to all
- a community room
- a mini health clinic
- a coffeehouse