Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
Try something new with your asparagus! Instead of serving them on the side of your protein, wrap them up inside! Crisp asparagus and bell pepper and golden browned chicken breast all tied together with gooey mozzarella cheese. Doesn’t get much better than that does it?
- Red bell peppers contain B6 which is an important nutrient for the formation of red blood cells.
- The breast is the leanest part of the chicken with only 1-2g saturated fat per 3oz serving.
- Asparagus is a good source of fiber, aiding in digestion and creating a feeling of fullness.
- 4 ct - Chicken breasts, about 1 lb
- 4 slices of - Mozzarella cheese
- 12 ct - Asparagus stalks, about 1 lb
- 1 ct - Red bell pepper
- 2 tsp - Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp - Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/4 tsp - Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp - Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently scrub and rinse the asparagus stalks in cold water. Trim the ½-1 inch of the woody ends off each stalk by chopping with a knife or snapping by hand.
- Slice bell pepper.
- Mix together seasonings in a small bowl.
- Slice through chicken breast lengthwise, creating a pocket. Sprinkle seasoning on the inside and outside of the chicken breast pocket.
- Fill with cheese slice, red pepper slices, and 3 asparagus stalks. Hold the filled breast shut with toothpicks as needed.
- Place in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the thickest part of the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Know that thicker cuts of meat will take longer to cook.