Baked Sweet Potato Fries and Lemon Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- The orange color of the sweet potato indicates its beta carotene content. One medium sweet potato contains 438% of your Daily Value of Vitamin A! Vitamin A is immune boosting and promotes healthy eyes.
- Greek yogurt contains almost double the protein as regular yogurt, which makes it a great way to balance the carbohydrates of the sweet potato. The extra protein can help you feel fuller longer.
- 3 ct - sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup - olive oil
- 1/4 tsp - cayenne
- 1/4 tsp - paprika
- 1/4 tsp - onion powder
- 1/4 tsp - garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp - black pepper
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- 8 oz - Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp - lemon juice
- 1 tbsp - diced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp - minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Scrub the skin of the potatoes under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Slice potatoes in ¼ inch slices. Then slice again lengthwise to create ¼ inch fries.
- Place fries in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Pour in olive oil and spices. Stir/shake all ingredients.
- Place fries on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until fries reach desired crispiness.
- While fries bake, mix together the lemon juice, parsley, and garlic together in the yogurt.