Cornmeal Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
Shake up your morning flapjack routine! These pancakes are a spin on the classic using cornmeal along with regular white flour. Top with antioxidant rich blueberry sauce instead of syrup and you’ll have a sweet way to start your day. Easily make this recipe gluten free by using your favorite gluten free flour.
- 3/4 cup - Cornmeal
- 3/4 cup - Flour
- 1/8 cup - Sugar
- 1 tbsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1 1/8 cup - 2% Milk
- 1 tsp - Vanilla
- 1 ct - Egg
- 2 tbsp - Butter, melted
- 2 cup - Blueberries
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1/2 cup - Water
- Make blueberry sauce: Pour all ingredients into a small pot and simmer until thickened. Break up blueberries for a smoother consistency, add more water to thin if desired. While sauce cooks down, being making pancakes.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt).
- Melt butter. Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl (milk, vanilla, egg, and butter).
- Gently fold in liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, stir until just combined (lumps are ok).
- Heat a greased frying pan.
- Pour ¼ c of the mixture onto the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form on the top (about 4 minutes). Flip the pancake and cook another 4 minutes.
- Top with blueberry sauce and serve!