Looking for a light appetizer with some Southwest zing? Look no further! This salad is a great shareable side dish for parties and potlucks. Serve cold with spoons, whole grain crackers, or tortilla chips!
- Beans provide a great source of protein for carnivores and herbivores alike! Chock-full of minerals like iron, calcium, and phosphorus, beans will help build up your muscles and provide strong bones to support them!
- Limes contain powerful antioxidants like flavonoids and limonoids that help prevent heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- 15 oz - Canned pinto beans
- 15 oz - Canned black beans
- 15 oz - Canned corn
- 1 ct - Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ct - Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 ct - Red onion, chopped
- 1 cup - Tomato, chopped (or 1 can chopped tomatoes, rinsed)
- 1/4 cup - Cilantro, minced
- 1 ct - Lime, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp - Olive oil
- 1 tbsp - Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp - Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp - Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- Rinse both cans of beans and corn and combine in a large bowl.
- Chop bell pepper, jalapeno, red onion, tomato (if needed), cilantro. Mix with beans and corn.
- Rinse and zest the lime using a fine cheese grater and place in a small bowl or jar. Juice the lime into the bowl/jar. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Shake or mix well. Pour over salad mixture.
- Optional: serve with chips or crackers