Crispy Corn Fritters
- 2 cup - Corn
- 1 ct - Jalapeno
- 3/4 cup - Cornmeal
- 1 tsp - Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Paprika
- 1/2 tsp - Chili powder
- 2 ct - Eggs
- 1/4 cup - 2% Milk
- 4 ct - Green onions, chopped
- 1 cup - Shredded cheese (we used Monteray Jack)
- 1/2 cup - Herbs (like parsley and cilantro)
- 1 tbsp - Lime juice
- 2 tbsp - Vegetable oil for frying
- oz - Greek yogurt for serving
- Mix all ingredients together (except oil and yogurt).
(OPTIONAL: mash half of the corn before adding the rest of the ingredients with a fork, potato masher, or a food processor)
- Using a ¼ cup, form patties.
(Chill mixture 15-20 minutes before forming patties if needed to make a firm structure)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Fry fritters 5 minutes then flip. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with Greek yogurt for dipping!