Grilled Salmon Salad with Fresh Fruit
Looking for a light, delicious meal that packs a nutritional punch? Salmon is full of omega 3 fatty acids that help inflammation and disease. Fresh fruit and dried berries provide just the right about of sweetness and are full of antioxidants. Pair this recipe with your favorite whole grain and you will have all the major food groups represented right on your plate.
- 4 oz - Fresh baby spinach
- 1 oz - Dried blueberries
- 1 oz - Dried cherries
- 1 ct - Red delicious apple
- 1 ct - Bartlett pear
- 1 oz - Sliced red onions
- 1 oz - Shredded swiss cheese
- 2 ct - Salmon filets
- Wash the red delicious apple, remove core, and cut into quarters. Take each quarter of the apple and dice into small cubes.
- Wash the bartlett pear, remove core, and cut into quarters. Take each quarter of the pear and dice into small cubes.
- Preheat grill to 350 F and spray with pan spray.
- Place the salmon filets on the pre-heated surface. Brown each side and cook until internal temperature is 145 F or above. Place the fully cooked filets on a hot plate and cover.
- Mound the spinach leaves on a serving plate and sprinkle all the fruit toppings and shredded evening over the dish.
- Slice the grilled salmon into even strips and place on top of the finished salad.
This recipe was made possible thanks to a generous contribution by Premier Health.