Try adding any of your favorite vegetables! This recipe can be eaten as a meal or as a side dish for your favorite chicken recipe.
Black beans are a good source of dietary fiber and protein, like many other legumes. They are a good source of folate, which helps to regulate metabolism and red blood cell formation.
- 3 ct - medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½ in cubes
- 1 ct - large red onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp - olive oil
- 2 tsp - chili powder
- 1 tsp - smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp - salt
- 1 1/2 cup - cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry)
- 3 tbsp - fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp - maple syrup/honey/agave
- 1 ct - clove garlic, minced
- 1 ct - can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ct - whole green peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup - fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once warm, add potatoes, onion, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While cooking, whisk lime juice, maple syrup, and garlic for dressing.
- Combine pepper, quinoa, beans, potatoes, and onion. Pour dressing over. Mix. Serve.
This recipe was made possible thanks to a generous contribution by Julianne Evans who creates recipes for the RTA Market at Wright Stop Plaza with Homefull. Learn More