Loaded Baked Potato
You can add virtually any food you like to a baked potato! Try different combinations of your favorite vegetables, protein, or cheese! Try a chicken, broccoli and cheddar potato!
- One baked potato from this recipe contains 23% of your daily value of potassium! Potatoes are high in potassium which is important regulating blood pressure and can help prevent stroke and osteoporosis.
- The skin of baked potatoes helps provide dietary fiber to keep you fuller longer.
- 4 ct - medium potatoes
- 8 slices of - bacon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp - shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a knife or fork then wrap them in foil and place in the oven. Bake until soft, about 60-80 minutes.
- Place 8 strips of bacon on a baking sheet and place into the preheated oven. Cook for about 17 minutes, flipping bacon halfway through, or until bacon is done.
- Once bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble or chop it into small pieces.
- Remove potatoes from oven when cooked through and slice lengthwise.
- Sprinkle potatoes with shredded cheese and bacon.