Love mashed potatoes but don’t love feeling weighed down by heavy fat and starchy carbohydrates? Try this healthy alternative to the American classic! With vegetable broth instead of milk, olive oil instead of butter, and hidden beans to add that same starchy texture the original dish is known for, this recipe makes a wonderful side dish that may quickly become the star of the meal!
- 1 ct - Head of cauliflower
- 1 ct - Can of white beans (15 oz)
- 1 cup - Onion, chopped
- 2 ct - Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp - Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup - Vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Pepper
- 1/2 cup - Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chop all vegetables: chop the onion, mince garlic, chop cauliflower.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot. Add vegetables, seasoning, and cover. Cook until cauliflower is soft, stirring occasionally (about 10-15 minutes)
- While vegetables are cooking, drain and rinse beans. Set aside.
- Once cooked, add vegetables and beans to a food processor or blender. Slowly add broth until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place mash back into the pot and reheat.
- Optional: serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese!