On-the-go Omelet Muffins
These delicious “muffins” can be prepared ahead of time and can be kept in the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for 6 months. Great for busy professionals and families!
- Spinach is high in potassium which can help regulate blood pressure and mitigate the negative effects of excessive sodium intake.
- Eggs and mushrooms are a couple of the food sources of vitamin D! This vitamin that is otherwise only gained from the sun helps build strong bones and improve immune health.
- Consuming protein at breakfast is a great way to kick start your day and keep your hunger at bay, helping you stay fuller longer while building muscle strength.
- 10 ct - eggs
- 1/2 cup - milk
- 2 cup - Spinach
- 1/2 cup - cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp - olive oil
- 1/2 ct - onion, chopped
- 6 oz - mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- 1/2 tsp - Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and liberally grease a muffin tin with oil or cooking spray.
- Chop all vegetables.
- Saute onion and mushrooms until onions are translucent.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl, add milk, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth. Stir in vegetables. Evenly pour mixture into greased muffin tin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set.