Spicy Chicken Meatballs
Want buffalo wings but not the mess and extra fat? This recipe provides the perfect healthy substitution! These spicy meatballs contain a secret serving of vegetables and a double whammy of spice. These meatballs are mixed with hot sauce before baking and then tossed in MORE hot sauce after! Serve these meatballs with mac n cheese, on a sandwich, or keep em warm in a crockpot and bring them to the next potluck. Don’t forget the blue cheese and celery!
- 1 lb - Ground Chicken
- 1 ct - Egg
- 1 cup - Carrots, finely minced
- 1/2 cup - Whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp - Onion powder
- 1 tsp - Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp - Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup - Frank's Hot Sauce (after baking)
- Pulse carrots in a food processor or very finely mince until they are as small as you can make them.
- Mix ground chicken, carrots, breadcrumbs, egg, onion and garlic powder, and hot sauce in a mixing bow.
- Using a tablespoon, form meatballs, rolling between clean hands into a neat circle. Makes about 15-20.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 400 degrees, about 15-18 minutes. Be sure meat is cooked through by cutting a meatball in half. If there is no pink, the meat is cooked.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the hot sauce in a bowl. Toss freshly baked meatballs in the sauce until evenly coated. Serve!