Spinach Mozzarella Turkey Burgers
A Friendly Burger
Not only is turkey better for your health with less saturated fat than beef, its also better for the environment! Raising turkeys requires less water, less land, and produces less greenhouse gasses than their mooing counterpart.
- 1 lb - ground turkey
- 1 tsp - salt
- 1 tsp - Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp - black pepper
- 1/4 tsp - paprika
- 1/2 ct - onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp - olive oil
- 1/2 lb - frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup - shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Thaw/cook frozen spinach according to package directions. Place spinach in a dark dishtowel and squeeze to drain out as much water as possible.
- Mix turkey, seasonings, onion, spinach, and cheese in large mixing bowl until well combined. Form 5 round patties.
- Cook burgers over medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Flip, and cook an additional 6-8 minutes. Serve!