Summer Quinoa Salad
- Zucchini is high in potassium which helps blood circulation. It is also high in B vitamins which can help maintain high energy levels, reduce fatigue, and improve your mood!
- Quinoa is one of the only plant based proteins that contains all 9 of the essential amino acids, making it a great protein source for plant based eaters.
- Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fatty acid which improves HDL cholesterol and helps lower LDL cholesterol
- 1 cup - quinoa (dry)
- 15 oz - garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- 1 tbsp - olive oil
- 1/4 tsp - salt, pepper, cayenne (optional)
- 1 cup - cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup - zucchini, chopped
- 2 ct - red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 ct - medium red onion
- 1/2 cup - parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup - Lemon Dijon Dressing (Ingredients listed below)
- 1/4 cup - olive oil
- 1 tsp - lemon zest
- 1 ct - lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp - red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp - honey
- 1 tsp - Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp - dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse beans. Mix in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne pepper. Place seasoned beans on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes or until beans reach desired crispiness.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- While beans and quinoa cook, chop tomato, zucchini, peppers, onion, and parsley.
- For lemon dijon dressing, mix all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake (or thoroughly whisk in a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together with 1/3 c of dressing.