Sweet Potato Toast with Guacamole
- Avocados are a healthy source of monounsaturated fatty acid, helping to reduce inflammation and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- The orange color of the sweet potato indicates its beta carotene content. One medium sweet potato contains 438% of your Daily Value of Vitamin A! Vitamin A is immune boosting and promotes healthy eyes.
- 1 ct - sweet potato
- 1 ct - avocado, diced or mashed
- 1 ct - tomato, diced
- 1/4 ct - medium onion, diced
- 1/2 ct - jalapeno, minced
- 1/8 cup - chopped cilantro
- 1/4 ct - lime, juiced
- oz - Salt to taste
- Scrub the skin of the potatoes under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Carefully slice potatoes in ¼ - ½ inch slices.
- Place slices in the toaster and cook for 5 minutes. Flip slices so the top side now faces the bottom and toast for another 5 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- While sweet potato slices cook, prepare guacamole.
- Mix together avocado, onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Top sweet potato “toast” with desired amount of guacamole.