This recipe can be made entirely of goods you may have hiding on your shelves already! Simply dump your cans in the pot and season generously for this hearty, protein-packed meal.
Optional toppings can include avocado, cheddar cheese, cilantro, sour cream, or corn chips.
- The calcium and phosphorus in black beans help build and maintain bone strength
- Quinoa is one of very few plants that contain complete protein! This means that it contains all 9 essential amino acids that the body can NOT make for itself and much get from food.
- Cayenne pepper contains a component called capsaicin which helps reduce appetite and boost fat burning.
- 2 ct - Cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 ct - Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 ct - Diced Green Chilis (4 oz)
- 1 cup - Quinoa (dry)
- 1 tsp - Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp - Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp - Chili Powder
- 2 tsp - Cumin
- 1 tsp - Paprika
- 1/2 tsp - Cayanne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1 ct - Can of Corn
- 1 ct - Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 ct - Can of Black Beans
- Mix 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium saucepot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook quinoa 15 minutes. Uncover, fluff, and set aside.
- In a large saucepot, add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, diced chilis, seasonings, and quinoa. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the mixture has thickened (about 20-30 minutes).
- While chili is cooking, drain and rinse both cans of beans and the can of corn.
- Add beans and corn to chili and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add toppings and enjoy!